The Hope Village admissions criteria can be summarized in one simple sentence: Hope Village must be the right fit for the individual, and the individual must be the right fit for Hope Village. Compatibility is everything, and we always want to ensure the highest level of quality care possible.
Scheduling and attending one of our monthly campus tours is always the first piece of our admissions puzzle. Doing so allows us to introduce you, in person, to our campus buildings, our policies and procedures, and most importantly, the caring staff members who make it all possible.
While all new admission inquiries do require a completed residential application and attendance of a campus tour if possible, some initial admissions criteria is located below:
- Must be diagnosed with an intellectual or developmental disability;
- No history of aggressive or violent behavior;
- Behavior must not present a danger to self or others;
- Must be ambulatory or able to transfer;
- Ability to attend to activities of daily living with little or no assistance especially toileting;
- Overall health must be good. Health related issues must be deemed manageable by Administration;
- Ability to evacuate a building in an emergency without the need for one on one staff assistance;
- Ability to give informed consent or must have a legal guardian readily available;
- Ability and willingness to participate consistently in Hope Village programs such as the Day Program, the Recreation and Education Program, etc.;
- Ability to provide necessary funding for present and future care and needs. You should be prepared to present your long-term financial plans for caring for this individual prior to admission.
To inquire further about our admissions process, or to schedule a campus tour, please complete the form below.
We chose Hope Village for our son because we liked the people, their warmth and their program.
TOUR HOPE VILLAGE!
If you would like to learn more about the services we provide, we always recommend signing up for a campus tour. The work we do and the individuals we serve are both beautiful and unique. The best way to paint a clear picture for you is in person on a detailed, thorough tour.
Led by one of our knowledgeable long-term staff members, our campus tours occur at 10 a.m. on the first Tuesday of every month. To sign up, please complete and submit the form below. Tour space is limited. If space is still available, we will send you a confirmation email upon receipt of your completed form submission. Please note: your tour is not confirmed unless you receive an email confirmation. We look forward to seeing you!
REQUEST A TOUR
HHSC Publishes Guidance for ALF and NF Providers Related to Posting of Ombudsman Information (PL 2021-22)
HHSC Long-term Care Regulation has published Provider Letter 2021-22, Posting of Ombudsman Information (PDF), for assisted living facilities and nursing facilities. The letter informs providers how to comply with House Bill 3961 (87th Texas Legislature, Regular Session, 2021). Under the bill, an ALF or NF must post information about the State Long-term Care Ombudsman Program on the facility’s internet website.
Follow us to keep up with our amazing villagers and updates on our community!
After a two-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Friendswood nonprofit Hope Village is thrilled to invitesupporters back to the Hope Village Community Center campus for in-person events, starting with the seventh annualHope Lounge, sponsored by Big Star Cadillac...
Hope Village, the Friendswood, Texas based non-profit organization dedicated to providing superior yet affordable care for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, will launch its second-annual “Faces of...
Hope Village is pleased to partner with Kendra Scott for an upcoming jewelry fundraiser on April 29 and 30, 2022, as part of the Kendra Scott Gives Back program. On Friday, April 29, from 6-8 PM, a representative from Hope Village will be at the Kendra Scott store at...