The Hope Village admissions criteria can be summarized in one simple sentence: Hope Village must be the right fit for the individual, and the individual must be the right fit for Hope Village. Compatibility is everything, and we always want to ensure the highest level of quality care possible.
Scheduling and attending one of our monthly campus tours is always the first piece of our admissions puzzle. Doing so allows us to introduce you, in person, to our campus buildings, our policies and procedures, and most importantly, the caring staff members who make it all possible.
While all new admission inquiries do require a completed residential application and attendance of a campus tour, some initial admissions criteria is located below:
- Must be diagnosed with an intellectual or developmental disability;
- No history of aggressive or violent behavior;
- Behavior must not present a danger to self or others;
- Must be ambulatory or able to transfer;
- Ability to attend to activities of daily living with little or no assistance especially toileting;
- Overall health must be good. Health related issues must be deemed manageable by Administration;
- Ability to evacuate a building in an emergency without the need for one on one staff assistance;
- Ability to give informed consent or must have a legal guardian readily available;
- Ability and willingness to participate consistently in Hope Village programs such as the Day Program, the Recreation and Education Program, etc.;
- Ability to provide necessary funding for present and future care and needs. You should be prepared to present your long-term financial plans for caring for this individual prior to admission.
To inquire further about our admissions process, or to schedule a campus tour, please complete the form below.
We chose Hope Village for our son because we liked the people, their warmth and their program.
TOUR HOPE VILLAGE!
If you would like to learn more about the services we provide, we always recommend signing up for a campus tour. The work we do and the individuals we serve are both beautiful and unique. The best way to paint a clear picture for you is in person on a detailed, thorough tour.
Led by one of our knowledgeable staff members, our campus tours occur at 10 a.m. on the first Wednesday of every month. To sign up, please complete and submit the form below. Tour space is limited. If space is still available, we will send you a confirmation email upon receipt of your completed form submission. Please note: your tour is not confirmed unless you receive an email confirmation. We look forward to seeing you!
REQUEST A TOUR
HHSC Publishes Guidance for ALF and NF Providers Related to Posting of Ombudsman Information (PL 2021-22)
HHSC Long-term Care Regulation has published Provider Letter 2021-22, Posting of Ombudsman Information (PDF), for assisted living facilities and nursing facilities. The letter informs providers how to comply with House Bill 3961 (87th Texas Legislature, Regular Session, 2021). Under the bill, an ALF or NF must post information about the State Long-term Care Ombudsman Program on the facility’s internet website.
Follow us to keep up with our amazing villagers and updates on our community!
Thanks to the generosity of donors at the Hope Village Fish Fry on March 4, Hope Village launched its chicken coop program on Friday, March 10. Friday's debut saw the arrival of 26 hens and a rooster. The chicken coop will provide social and vocational opportunities...
If you have ever spent time at Hope Village, then you know how much the Villagers love a good party with new and old friends alike. Some of their favorite memories on property include dance parties in the ballroom to their favorite country tunes, playing Bingo with...
When we think of our favorite Christmas traditions, one that immediately springs to mind is the advent calendar. The advent calendar is an opportunity to take a treat (often a piece of chocolate) and reflect each day on a scripture related to the birth of Jesus....